Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    1. Verizon Wireless
    2. Casio Commando
    3. Everything is a pro on this phone, Rugidized, stand alone GPS, makes calls and more
    4. Have not found a con to this phone yet
    5. Got it for offroading, camping, and outdoor recreation
    6. I have had this phone for about 2 weeks now
    7. cant really think of anything for this line just yet as I have not really got to use it as intended just yet.
    8. Casio Commando
    Update:

1. Verizon Wireless
    2. Casio Commando
    3. Pros: Everything is a pro on this phone, Rugidized, stand alone GPS, makes calls and more
    4. Cons: as mentioned by others, the battery life could be a bit better, but if you don't run a bunch of stuff and shut off wifi, GPS and anything else your not using, the battery is not all that bad.
    7. Started doing the GeoCaching thing the other day, and it works great for that. With all the Apps, there are almost limitless possibilities of that you can do with this phone. Currently I have a few apps on it for general offroading and geocaching, plus all the built in outdoors apps for star gazing, exercising, etc. Looking forward to everything else I can do with it.
    8. Casio Commando
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (My DD)
    2006 Mongoose XR-75 Mountian Bike (Toy)
    2010 Kia Sedona (Girlfriends DD)

My new company: Burdek and Son's
    No longer with me:
    2002 Durango, 1996 XJ, 1998 XJ
    "The Beast" 00 XJ RIP

1 Carrier-Virgin Mobile
    2 Phone- LG Optimus V
    3 Pros- Cheep service. 25 bucks a month gets 300 minutes, unlimited texting and data (i.e. internet). pay as you go plan, so I'm not locked into the service for years before I can get a new phone or plan.
    4 Cons- No Flashplayer, but the new phone VM has does and there are plenty of apps where you don't even notice. It's still on the 3G network and that sometimes doesn't work great. (but that's with all 3G phones)
    5 Used most for- everything
    6 owned for six months (switched from Verizon)
    7 Don't understand how someone can pay 3 or 4 times as much for the same service I get.
    8 LG Optimus V Android Phone | Virgin Mobile
    [_] [][] [] [][] [_] 96' Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 265,000 miles 2" BB and still going strong.

1. Verizon Wireless
    2. Casio Commando
    3. Everything is a pro on this phone, Rugidized, stand alone GPS, makes calls and more
    4. Have not found a con to this phone yet
    7. cant really think of anything for this line just yet as I have not really got to use it as intended just yet.
    8. Casio Commando
    Updated:
    Update:

1. Verizon Wireless
    2. Casio Commando
    3. Pros: Everything is a pro on this phone, Rugidized, stand alone GPS, makes calls and more
    4. Cons: as mentioned by others, the battery life could be a bit better, but if you don't run a bunch of stuff and shut off wifi, GPS and anything else your not using, the battery is not all that bad.
    7. Started doing the GeoCaching thing the other day, and it works great for that. With all the Apps, there are almost limitless possibilities of that you can do with this phone. Currently I have a few apps on it for general offroading and geocaching, plus all the built in outdoors apps for star gazing, exercising, etc. Looking forward to everything else I can do with it.
    8. Casio Commando
    It has been about a year now that I have had my phone.

I must say, I was impressed with it back when I got it, and it continues to impress me with how well it is built. I have tested this phone in just about every way you can think of. The only test it has not endured yet is to be immersed in water. The phone has been dropped, thrown, driven over, you name it. Hell my 2 year old had played with it and it is still in good condition. It has picked up a few dings and scratches, but still looks and operates just the same as the day I got it.

I found Geocaching after getting the phone and on a few occasions, got into an area where there was no cell signal, the GPS worked flawlessly, or at least as well as one could expect for a dedicated GPS in a cell phone. I have recently started using some Bicycle apps on the phone as well and again, not a bad thing to say. Other reviews I have read have talked down about the GPS, my opinion is this: in the open I have been down to within 9 FEET of my actual spot even while moving, that will fluctuate when you get into the woods, the heavier the canopy the more its off, I have seen up to 30 METERS.

I would highly recommended this phone to anyone who wants a smartphone and wants one that is tough to break. I got mine for free though this site: http://www.wirefly.com/?referringdomain=wirefly
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (My DD)
    2006 Mongoose XR-75 Mountian Bike (Toy)
    2010 Kia Sedona (Girlfriends DD)

My new company: Burdek and Son's
    No longer with me:
    2002 Durango, 1996 XJ, 1998 XJ
    "The Beast" 00 XJ RIP