Register
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Baby bronco 72 gets two more inches!!!!!

Well last Jan I had purchased a new set of BFG K2 and took off the 33s. I wasnt planning at the time to go for 35s but the for some reason were cheaper than the 33s for a two day sale so I said ok Well i put them on and was like wow the fit and look cool but kinda knew I couldnt wheel it cause I would rip crap or cut the tires on the body. I said ok I can deal I have a one inch body lift that I planned on putting on cause I was given a free truck with a ZF but last week it was junked without me knowning, whole other story So I figured i would wait till I had the tranny all ready and maybe a year to save up the extra cash, well that went out the window at the BYOB last year i saw a bunch of guys going over the obstacle course and I wanted to but I didn't want to ruin my body or break anything for being stupid so I watched After watching Jays perforamce with his ORANGE BEAST I knew I had to do soemthing soon. So I came home and thought about what i was going to do and Gore was around the corner. I didnt have the $$ to buy another lift and I wasnt really sure the 1 in body would really do it. Well needless to say after getting ready for Gore my column took a crap like two days before and I was pissed and still wanted to go well it got worse I got her flu the night before I was going to leave so that was over. I git in the bronco in the am felt like hell I was sweating with the temps in the 90s and the coloumn crapped out and I turned around pissed but happy to sit in ac. Move foward fixed the coloumn with another from TBPs a week or so before the BYOB fall cruise and there and back with no issues and a great time. Well By then I was still trying to figure out what to do and saw one of our own selling a BC 5.5 lift slighly used and made at deal thanks classic4x4s. Move foward three months later another coloumn and getting over to my house today after its last 3.5 lift cruise I opened up the new used lift. I opened it and realised that I will need u bolts and possibly a axle wedge so Im glad I didnt ask to use the comp shop and tear into it. I went under the bronco and PB blasted all the hardware and wire brushed down the rear leaves and sprayed them with my favorite plasti kote bed liner awesome product. I am going to work in the am doing maintaince and maybe start undoing the rear. Will keep ya posted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by orangecrush4u; 04-09-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    72 Bronco sport, 35/12.5 15, 5.5 BCB lift... Nope it's not a Jeep...
    close ratio sterring sys, locked front 44/ chrome moly shafts, Rancho adjustables up front
    69 351w, Edelbrock intake & offroad carb, DUI, Alumin Rad, stock 3onthe tree, LUK clutch
    Mile marker sec 8 winch, 23 gallon gas tank, custom made rear bumper

That's a really nice Bronco.
    05KJ With Organic Trail Rash From Fla, PA, and NY / Bent Rock Rail / Some Stuff - More Stuff Coming

Thanks, but it always nees more
    close ratio sterring sys, locked front 44/ chrome moly shafts, Rancho adjustables up front
    69 351w, Edelbrock intake & offroad carb, DUI, Alumin Rad, stock 3onthe tree, LUK clutch

Quote Originally Posted by orangecrush4u View Post
    Thanks, but it always nees more
    ...as bad as a jeep, huh?.......haha
    05KJ With Organic Trail Rash From Fla, PA, and NY / Bent Rock Rail / Some Stuff - More Stuff Coming

they all do, its old.....

Well worked sucked it rained mist till 1 so I scraped paint and came home and it started to clear up so I said WTFN start on this tear down. So I broke out my tools, jacked up the truck took off the wheel and when I was taking off the pass rear I noticed the whole backing plate was moving, NOT COOL. Two of the bolt are stripped and Im guess the holes are elongated I was hoping to salvage the u bolts snice I only put the lift on 3 years ago, nope snap. I wanted to use them on another bronco. The rear shackle and spring bolts came out without a prob untill I came to the front. The nut came off but the bolt will not come out. Im guessing like my friend said it rusted inside and grew in size. I cant get a good shot at it with the hammer to bang it out cause the exhaust is in the way, so it comes down to remove the entire exhaust system or heat the crap out of the ends and melt the poly and replace the bushings, which Im leaning towards. I packed up cause my neice came over and wanted to know what happend to baby bronco? you haft to fix she says!!!!

Always safer to use new u bolts for stuff like that anyway.

I see you got help so you should be done in no time.....haha

Dave

Yea I have always made a rule to put new ones on kinda hopped it would work. The originals I took off didnt even brake but then again the quility of metal has gone down since 72

Quote Originally Posted by orangecrush4u View Post
    Yea I have always made a rule to put new ones on kinda hopped it would work. The originals I took off didnt even brake but then again the quility of metal has gone down since 72

Proper graded stuff made in USA. Stay away from Harbor Freight for most of their stuff. I got a screwdriver that bent all up like the Nile River....haha Don (Bandit) broke wirecutters. The cutting blade just broke off the first time he used it....wtf Broke a extension in a socket....another wtf Something else he broke that shouldn't have broke.

Maybe NAPA is a place to check. They are good around here anyway.

Not much from HF just a few tools that I have had for the last couple years!!!!