PDA

View Full Version : event idea

BigBass
12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I wasn't sure whether this belongs in the event section or what but here it is. I was thinking maybe next year for christmas or thanksgiving, or even later this winter, we can put together a freezer run for charity. Everyone will run topless and door-less, if possible or at the very least with all the windows open. We can raise money for some charity and maybe get a sponsor like a jeep dealer or RMS or someone to match what we raise. Invite anyone with 4x4 see if we can get some advertising pro bono. We can do a good deed, get some good press for us have an excuse to do something insane like ride topless in 25 degree weather. If bikers can do it why can't we?

Bandit1
12-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I like the idea, but I only have one problem with it... I am in the Capital area and most of everyone on here is down in the NYC area... I can see if I can organize something like that here in my area, but will do what I can. The 4X4 community needs all it can get to make a better name for itself so I am all for it.

Just my opinion, but I think it would only belong in the event section IF you have a date, time, and location for you idea.

Steve
12-20-2010, 11:06 AM
We can plan in out in here and then move it to Event section once we have a tentative date that's no big deal.

It's a good idea and a nice way to help the community that's for sure. We would need to grow more roots into the upstate areas to make it happen statewide. We're currently a little thin when it comes to our 4x4 brothers and sisters up north. I would say by next winter we should probably have the #'s to make it happen more statewide, and after some of the local to LI/NYC events like the Scavenger hunt, have a good base model of how we're handling events to make it happen easier.

Bandit1
12-20-2010, 11:21 AM
We can plan in out in here and then move it to Event section once we have a tentative date that's no big deal.

It's a good idea and a nice way to help the community that's for sure. We would need to grow more roots into the upstate areas to make it happen statewide. We're currently a little thin when it comes to our 4x4 brothers and sisters up north. I would say by next winter we should probably have the #'s to make it happen more statewide, and after some of the local to LI/NYC events like the Scavenger hunt, have a good base model of how we're handling events to make it happen easier.

Well just let me know what I can do to help out... I have to print the flyer make some copies at work and start handing them out. there are lots of jeeps and modded jeeps and other 4wd vehicles around here. I have helped to organize a few events at work and when I was in Iraq back in 2004, so I have a good idea how to organize and handle an event also...

Again, let me know what I can do to help, even if its just me up here, I will still participate and spread the word by mouth when and if asked...

Just one other detail to pan out... What charity would the money raised go to? if we did this next year, we could help out the Marine Corps and donate to their Toys for Tots program. I would also suggest that if the amount is large enough, get the media involved too, what better way to get good news out than in the paper and on TV

Steve
12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Well just let me know what I can do to help out... I have to print the flyer make some copies at work and start handing them out. there are lots of jeeps and modded jeeps and other 4wd vehicles around here. I have helped to organize a few events at work and when I was in Iraq back in 2004, so I have a good idea how to organize and handle an event also...

Again, let me know what I can do to help, even if its just me up here, I will still participate and spread the word by mouth when and if asked...

Just one other detail to pan out... What charity would the money raised go to? if we did this next year, we could help out the Marine Corps and donate to their Toys for Tots program. I would also suggest that if the amount is large enough, get the media involved too, what better way to get good news out than in the paper and on TV

Any help in posting up flyers, telling people you know, approaching 4x4 strangers (i'm the king of gas station promotion!) is great. I added a 2 fer 1 flyer the other day in the flyer sticky that you can cut down the middle to get two out of each 8.5"x11" sheet to help reduce waste/cost. Ground and pound promotion has worked out well for us so far. Once we get a little bigger I'll write to all the magazines about us to try to get some free publicity.

I'm a fan of Operation Gratitude and have personally donated to them a couple of times, and I like the idea of helping to feed people in need. We do so much for these other countries while some of our own are looking for a hot meal. I'm totally down with our charities going towards military causes, especially if we can find offices that handle state-wide help so our efforts can reach out to all counties in NY.

BigBass
12-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Toys for tots is my personal favorite go to. Operation gratitude sounds like a good one too. It would be the jeep version of BABs cold finger run. Maybe we could get a meeting place somewhere out by you Steve set up a registration area to raise the money then run to a bar or a restaurant out east maybe in Riverhead somewhere. Let us all get that deep chill in our bones from a long ride.

antithreat
12-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Sounds like a great idea!!! I'm deff thinking for next winter!!! Just so we can start planning this summer!!! I'm thinking something like this will take a few months in planning out!!

Steve
12-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Sounds like a great idea!!! I'm deff thinking for next winter!!! Just so we can start planning this summer!!! I'm thinking something like this will take a few months in planning out!!

Yeah a lot of these things while sound awesome in a thread, require lots of time and planning to make happen, get the required PR to get the word out, hook up with the charities and the politics of dealing with that stuff, etc.. The best part to me is that with just the group we already have here, everyone wants to do things to help others. That's a testament to the types of people signing up here at the site. It'll make it easy for us to plan stuff with folks so eager to help.

I'm also a fan of Habitat for Humanity but I don't know how much work they do in NY currently. Would be interesting for 50+ guys/gals in 4x4's majority of which are tool comfortable to show up and start building things for people in need :)

Bandit1
12-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah a lot of these things while sound awesome in a thread, require lots of time and planning to make happen, get the required PR to get the word out, hook up with the charities and the politics of dealing with that stuff, etc.. The best part to me is that with just the group we already have here, everyone wants to do things to help others. That's a testament to the types of people signing up here at the site. It'll make it easy for us to plan stuff with folks so eager to help.

I'm also a fan of Habitat for Humanity but I don't know how much work they do in NY currently. Would be interesting for 50+ guys/gals in 4x4's majority of which are tool comfortable to show up and start building things for people in need :)

yea that would be a sight to see... I think we should keep an ear out for Ty and the Home Makeover group too if they are going to be in the area we can lend a hand and maybe raise some money to donate too...

Comanche717
12-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Habitat for community would be a great idea! We could build a park or something for a town too? I mean they use coils for those springy seats haha I'd be down to help

BigBass
12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
If they'll provide the big ticket tools I'll do there fabrication work for a few days. houses need flish plate and railings.