PDA

View Full Version : September 24th, 2011 Intro to the Pines Ride (NJ)

brunkhorse
07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
I came across this thread over on JF and thought it might interest some people. It's going to be a bit of a drive for you Suffolk guys (prob 3 hours) but I figure it is a good way to learn the area from someone knowledgable and who's willing to show the spots and routes. I've been there with my brother a couple times but would like to get to know the area myself. Please note that this is more of just a tour thru the area and not a hardcore wheeling session. I figure I go on this tour and come back to play in all the spots he shows.

After alot of requests I have decided to put together a ride through the pines for those who are not very familiar with them, don't have snorkles and have paint that they care about. You could bring a brand new 2011 Escalade on this ride and not have to worry about scratches or wet carpets. We will stop at a few different landmarks throughout the ride and midday we will have a late lunch at the Green Bank Inn. We will start at the Atco Raceway around 11:00AM and the ride will end in the Lacey Township area. We will be in Wharton State Forest, Brendon Byrne State Forest, and Greenwood wildlife management area. Remember guys, this is for the beginner and or the guys who cares about his paint and interior. Those who are more experienced may find this ride boring, however are more than welcome to tag along. Also remember this is not just for Jeeps, I will be posting this on a few different forums. Depending on recent weather conditions some wet sand may splash up the sides of the vehicle, but any actual mudholes will be bypassable. This will be a kid freindly ride, I will have all 3 of mine with me ( 14 month old twins and a 3 year old)

brunkhorse
07-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Here is the link to the original thread. If you have an account you can just go ahead and reply there.

Sep 24th Intro to the pines ride - JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/sep-24th-intro-pines-ride-1239153/)

tripleg
07-20-2011, 09:38 PM
so just to clarify if i go on into jersey again, is this one actually legal?? if im traveling 3 hours it better be legal this time otherwise rausch it is

silverzj
07-20-2011, 09:43 PM
i may be interested

Goonies.nsd
07-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Maybe the wife will let me go play over state lines for a day LOL. Take the XJ. Or maybe tripleg can tow the YJ :P

silverzj
07-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Maybe the wife will let me go play over state lines for a day LOL. Take the XJ. Or maybe tripleg can tow the YJ :P

well what if he needs to back up the trailer?

brunkhorse
07-21-2011, 12:49 AM
so just to clarify if i go on into jersey again, is this one actually legal?? if im traveling 3 hours it better be legal this time otherwise rausch it is

Yes this is the whole purpose of the trip. The guy putting it together is a local from the area and he's.willing to educate us visitors on which spots are good.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Victim Of Pain
07-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Pines are a legal spot. On that note I'm interested.

tripleg
07-21-2011, 05:30 PM
im deff in!!! ill have my tranny rebuilt by thn and i would even tow the yj goonies for some gas money lol

brunkhorse
07-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Actually I'd be impressed if u did the ride w no reverse haha.

tripleg
07-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Actually I'd be impressed if u did the ride w no reverse haha.

too bad im having her fixed this week!!! thn the jokes stop lol althou i prob wont be using reverse for a while ive gotten used to how to park so i roll im deff in for this trip thou

brunkhorse
07-24-2011, 02:42 PM
So that does that mean she will be ready for Sunday? You can attempt the hole again haha

tripleg
07-24-2011, 04:23 PM
maybe shell be ready gatta check out my transfer case and front driveshaft had some weird noise lol

silverzj
07-24-2011, 05:18 PM
maybe shell be ready gatta check out my transfer case and front driveshaft had some weird noise lol

if its not 1 thing its another eh?

tripleg
07-24-2011, 05:28 PM
if its not 1 thing its another eh?

pretty much. i think the chain may be loose in the transfer case, i didnt look into it too far just poped the driveshaft out and figured lets work on the transmision first

silverzj
07-24-2011, 05:33 PM
pretty much. i think the chain may be loose in the transfer case, i didnt look into it too far just poped the driveshaft out and figured lets work on the transmision first

true. what case you got in it now? seen some chains lastnight on ebay for 80$

tripleg
07-25-2011, 01:01 AM
true. what case you got in it now? seen some chains lastnight on ebay for 80$

got the 242 in her now if johns still parting out tht xj i may just buy the 231 of him lol

silverzj
07-25-2011, 06:40 AM
yea. 231 would be a better choice

565matt
07-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Ive got a 231 sitting in my garage...

tripleg
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Ive got a 231 sitting in my garage...

if youde like i think my truck would deff be a better spot for it to sit lol

Mudboy
08-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Dave. I grew up in the Pines of South Jersey and don't believe there's an area I haven't explored. My father started taking me out there at the age I could hold my own head up. 30 years later I'm still out there pretty much every weekend. Anyways. I'm the guy whom decided to put this ride together. I put it together for people who never have been to the pines, people who want to bring their kids, people who have never had their vehicle off of the paved road, people who don't want their vehicle scratched to hell and flooded carpets. As mentioned in a previous post this will be a ride that may be boring for the seasoned individuals.
We will be meeting at the Atco Raceway (1000 Jackson Rd. Atco, NJ , 08004). we will hit about 20 - 30 miles of trails and eat at the Green Bank Inn ( good reasonably priced food). from there about 20-30 miles more. At this point we will split. I have permission granted to me to use my buddies 900 acres to camp on so those who want to camp will continue with me, those who wish to leave will head on their way. Also on this 900 acres is tons of trails and some good mud to play in and some mild hills. Only rules at the land are to respect the land and each other. If you decide you would like to enjoy some beverages that's fine, just know your limits.
I'm trying to keep an approximate vehicle count so if you plan on coming, post up. If you are a maybe, post that as well. Either way it's going to be nice to meet some new faces!!!!

Mudboy
08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
dont feel like counting anymore

NJJA:
Mudboy
RedZJ
Toad97
dasilva4x4
jeepzilla609
MudTJ
shadowouch
Toywheeler
Boots
BIGRIG05 (possibly)
Garvin (possibly)
WBG ( couple others)
omgwtfxj (few others)
jobrien (+1)
John__505
Weezerpiebald
Greenmeanie (+1)

jeepforum:
dennis461
Demolition X
nottusyeroc (and a few others)
sk1er18
stanbo
brunkhorse
cascivic
Ebrown37
lifewalk
Stamos
nj-rubi
baytide
Beefstew
jkrat
nmitsu22
Jeep Green 4door
Grimm5577
Asored2000
05WKinPA
DaveWK42 ( +1)
Yatzi1980
straty1987
TheHighLow
YJSXJ (maybe)

Misfits4x4:
Xdaily & 87Chevy (same vehicle)
Foryota (possibly)
Jeep Thing (possibly)

Explorerforum:
876lugSTX aka HEC
tgreene92
Paraphoe
LiKuiD
Dreddog47
?????
tbird8862 (maybe)
Bats (maybe)
05fronty
Govna47 (maybe)
MustangAndy (maybe)

Fullsizebronco:
JMSC1115
bigblew79
DamageIncNY
rooster454
Deadeyedevon (+ a few more)
2ndhelping

Jersey Devil:
gmczr2 (maybe)
KingOfThePines (maybe)
91Blzr93xj
Sal (maybe)
F35088 (few more)

Jkowners:
Unsub
Sniper's
Fun Wagon
wishbear
JerseyJeep95
Dancin Dan

TriStateTuners:
RussianKid (possibly)

Got Mud:
Me-Kevin
Mike
Andrew
Karl
Carlos
Naz
Chris
Alex
Frank
Will
Jason
Joe
There will likely be more. I don't know who is bringing families yet

Outlawed Offroad:
silverzj (maybe)
goonies.nsd (maybe)
Victim of pain
tripleg

Goonies.nsd
08-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Im still on the maybe list but going to do whatever i have to to be on the def, list.

Regardless...thanks alot Mudboy for setting this up. Very cool.

Mudboy
08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
no problem . Hope to meet ya, It's going to be difficult to meet everyone on this day as I'm sure I'll have my hands full. Hopefully I'll be able to get more personal with people when we get to camp. If not I'm more than willing to take people on smaller scale rides. I can do historic rides, mud rides, scenic rides, ecological rides, 2 day rides, etc. I love my backyard!!! and love meeting new people

565matt
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
if youde like i think my truck would deff be a better spot for it to sit lol

make an offer if you want it

565matt
08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
89 on the list so far.. thats a lot of rigs on the trail

silverzj
08-05-2011, 05:07 PM
any OO members wanna camp? i would be game for that

tripleg
08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
any OO members wanna camp? i would be game for that

ide be down for camping

silverzj
08-05-2011, 05:27 PM
ide be down for camping

ok so put me down for camping

evilpersona
08-06-2011, 01:12 AM
im down for this. and camping would be a go as well.

chknkatsu
08-06-2011, 01:48 AM
89 people wheeling!? idk how well this is going to turn out. thats a lot of people on one trail at a time

brunkhorse
08-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Well you figure its still close to two.months away so not everyone who expressed interest will actually come. Either that or there's 200 vehicles by Sept 24 haha. Put me down for camping also. You already have me listed under jeepforum on this same username.

chknkatsu
08-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Well you figure its still close to two.months away so not everyone who expressed interest will actually come. Either that or there's 200 vehicles by Sept 24 haha. Put me down for camping also. You already have me listed under jeepforum on this same username.

hm, i think im going to camp...but i wanna go to rausch!#@

tripleg
08-06-2011, 12:35 PM
im down for this. and camping would be a go as well.

holy shit your alive

wb joe
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
hm, i think im going to camp...but i wanna go to rausch!#@

ya i think im in for rausch as well in late sep dont fell like doing PINK trails ha ha just kidding
but ya dirt roads not too much fun for me ,deff get some good info who ever is going from 00

Mudboy
08-07-2011, 06:56 PM
89 people wheeling!? idk how well this is going to turn out. thats a lot of people on one trail at a time

Heres the deal. If it were 89 people on a trail with a bunch of mud holes and other rough
terrain, I'd be hiding right now, because at that point I'd know I was going to be the creator of the biggest cluster f*&^ to ever occur in south jersey. I'm hoping since dirt roads are going to be the majority of this ride that there won't be any break downs. I'm buying 3 hand held radios speciffically for this ride, one for me, one for a guy in the middle of the pack and one for the end. We will be in communication outside of the CB, to make sure the pack stays as one. I also have one guy who is going to be checking in throughout the ride at different points. If anyone does break down or decides they want to leave early, he will assist. He will will either take the person out to the next main road so they can get home or he will help repair the vehicle and get them back on track with the next of the group. With these 3 people helping me out I believe the ride should go smoothly. Believe me this is alot more vehicles than I anticipated but I'm now looking forward to it. Also if you have 100 vehicles talking about showing up, you are more than likley only getting 80% of them. So either way wish me luck lol.

silverzj
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
i actually may have to bail. gotta register the jeep and inspection that month so thats a blow right there. and i should really stop prolonging my header by taking out of state wheelin trips. sucks i may miss out on this one

Goonies.nsd
08-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah in figurin out when i may do the flex competition at the shop i realized the weekend of this Pines Run, i will be going to Philly for Riot Fest. Seeing The Decendents, a few others and my friends in Weston and Plow United. Goin for the show on Sat, and stayin over night to get my quarter life crises in full swing. Sorry and hope this goes well for you Mudboy and maybe more to follow.

evilpersona
08-30-2011, 06:04 PM
is anyone still planning on going to this?

brunkhorse
08-31-2011, 01:34 AM
I do I plan on camping also. I will know for sure definitely by this week.

94YJ
08-31-2011, 03:43 AM
im in this is a great little adventure on my week off for my bday. i wont be camping tho i will be returning to the island for nightly festivities

Hummeron37s
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Wharton or the Pines whatever you want to call it is a very relaxed LEGAL wheeling. It is trail riding with a few mudholes and Aunt Jemima hill. There is a memorial and there is also a fire tower which is kinda falling apart but if you climb it you can get a awesome view ans some cool pics. I have been there alot with all sorts of trucks and always had a good time except when the FJ group brought us down a ATV trail and I was in tue Hummer H2...can you say pinstriping?

brunkhorse
09-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Here is an updated from mudboy the guy putting this all together on jeepforum. Looks like he ran into a bit of a snag with the Park saying you need a special permit since they are labeling this as an "event" or "rally" instead of just the trail ride that it is. Here is what he posted:

Alright here's the deal. I'm canceling the "event". WE will still have a trail ride I will happily lead the trail ride. The trail ride is open to the public. Since it is trail ride and not an event i cannot control who comes and who doesn't. this is not a demonstration, rally, race or any other organized EVENT. THE MEET UP LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED so if you show up at the Atco Raceway youre on your own. PM ME FOR NEW LOCATION. I cannot garuntee that I will reply to you if you have not already mentioned interest. I will also say that due to the new meeting spot there are a couple of puddles that can be rutted out pretty bad. they can be gone gone around without a problem however you may get a couple of surface scratches. I will also be canceling the planned stop at the Green Bank Inn. I'd suggest for everyone to bring food for themselves and their passengers because we will not be passing any places to eat. Unfortunately due to this being the "you can't have fun here state" it will not be as good as I planned. i was looking forward to the food, but I guess now unfortunately we will not be supporting a local buisness with the thousands of dollars worth of food we would have ate. If you have this posted on any forums please revise the post. There are a few websites that I posted on origionally that i no longer have access to due to a firewall at work. they are as follows
therangerstation.com (ford ranger based)
cherokeeforum.com
wranglerforum.com
jkowners.com
outlawedoffroad.com

I need someone(s) to go onto these sites and help me out here. I need you to copy and paste my post from here and I also need you to take responsibility and answer PMs with teh same response I give you on the meet up location.

Thanks,
Dave.

I PMed him for the new location so if you are still interested hit me up for it. Thanks.

94YJ
09-17-2011, 01:41 AM
yea i saw that he ran into trouble with a assumed officer PM'ing him on JF. if you would be willing to keep us updated with locations and what not, that would be great brunkhorse. or if you dont want to post it publicly, could you PM me the info when you get it? i was interested in partaking in this event

tripleg
09-17-2011, 11:12 AM
if anyone is intrested im going to rausch to do green and blue trails this weekend . i was planning on going here just seems like it might become too chaotic and for the gas ide be spending anyway y not go somewhere where i kno its legal

tg426
09-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Wow! I was just reading the thread in JK Owners, that NJ Pines would have been some trail ride...over 100 vehicles, 1/2 to a mile long caravan thru the woods. Too bad it's not working out as originally planned, that would have been a good one for me to go on but I will be camping with the boy scouts out in Montauk this weekend.

brunkhorse
09-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah it looks like it fell apart. No more camping and he's still doing to go out for a ride and anyone is welcome to join him but he's getting hassled it seems with someone with a personal issue towards him,